Affiliate marketing is when you get paid a commission for promoting products/services for other companies. Affiliate Marketing is the practice whereby a digital publisher or website promotes an online retailer and earns a commission based on the sales or leads that the advertising generates for that online retailer.
What will I learn?
Online affiliate marketing began as a natural outgrowth of the popularity of “linking” to other sites. Webmasters would incorporate electronic links into their site, which would take the reader directly to a point of interest. Merchants then saw the potential to reach more customers and began to offer incentives, usually money, in order to encourage webmasters to link to the merchant’s site. Online affiliate programs began in the mid-1990’s and are currently a popular way to earn money online. In fact, research shows that affiliate marketing is the most cost-effective way to generate online sales.
- Why affiliate marketing is the ultimate win-win scenario
- Common misconceptions about affiliate marketing
- Your affiliate toolkit – what you need to get started
- Places to find great products to promote for your niche
- SEO basics you need to master for affiliate marketing
- Techniques you can use to promote affiliate products… without annoying your audience!