- Instructor: admin
- Duration: 11 weeks
After completing this course, students will have a solid knowledge of the fundamentals of electricity and how it functions within the home, including how electricity is generated, transmitted to, transformed, and how it enters the home through the power meter, the main breaker, and the branch circuit breaker panel.
From there we cover in detail all types of receptacles, switches, and light fixtures, and how to correctly wire them. Safe practices are covered in detail, including the use of circuit testers. The course includes an in-depth look at rough-in wiring, and explains the role, use and importance of ground fault circuit and arc fault circuit protection.
At the end of the course the student will know how to take on most small electrical projects and repairs around the home, both safely and competently.
Students taking this course should be familiar with personal computers, the use of a keyboard and a mouse. Furthermore, this course assumes that you have completed one of the following courses:
- Windows 7: Basic
- Windows 10: Basic
Must have: High School Diploma or High School Equivalency
Must score: 10 or higher in CASAS
- Understand how electricity works, how it is generated, transmitted to, and distributed throughout your home.
- Wire a receptacle (regular, switched, GFCI), a single-pole switch (3 and 4-way), a light fixture, and more!
- Have the knowledge and skills to safely and competently complete most home electrical projects and repairs. earn the fundamental parts of industrial control boards and how they work.
- Learn how to install, wire and commission a basic motor control installation from scratch.
- Learn how to fault find, repair and maintain a basic motor control systems.
- Learn how electrical control components work and how to wire them up.
Ideal Institute of Technology will provide a one-time voucher for student to take OSHA Certification
Student will have access to all necessary equipment and supplies such as Desktops, Laptops, Multimeter, Screw Drivers and other tools to work with computers for the duration of the course.
Student will have full access to our Learning Management System (LMS) portal, Google Classroom and Live Webinars. We will be providing resources in the form of PowerPoints, video tutorials, quizzes, assessments and much more.
After successful completion of the program and obtaining certification(s), A Job Readiness program and a free Resume Building Workshop will be offered to student through Ideal Career Centre, to prepare students for their job search.
Upon successful completion of the course and certification, student will get 100% job placement assistance through Ideal Career Centre.
Certified individuals can attain careers as Building Maintenance Workers, Facility Maintenance, Electrician Helper / Assistant, Electrical Technician, Electrician Helper, Assistant Teaching Professor – Electrical Engineering.