- Instructor: admin
- Duration: 125 weeks
The goal of the ESL Program is to provide English Language Learners (ELLs) with instructional support that will enable them to participate fully in their educational experience in our schools and in their social lives in our community. Training in construction typically covers different, specialized topics depending on the area of concentration. Find out about the requirements of these programs, and learn about career options, job growth and salary info for construction graduates.
Some professionals in the construction trades are required to have formal training. A construction manager needs a bachelor’s degree in construction management or civil engineering, while carpenters, plumbers and electricians must complete apprenticeships and obtain their license. Painters can learn through an apprenticeship, but certification is optional.
Students must be familiar with using a personal computer, mouse, and keyboard. They must be comfortable in a Windows environment; be able to launch and close activities; and navigate to information stored on the computer. They must be able to manage files and folders.
Must have: High School Diploma or High School Equivalency
Must score: 9 or higher in CASAS
After the completion of this course you will be able to effectively work with all micro applications. The material is presented in a step-by-step manner, and you will learn by completing readings and hands-on exercises, in addition to watching video presentations. You will have sound knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Power Point. The course outlines three stages of each application such as introduction, intermediate and advanced level.
- Recognize their own verbal mistakes and correct them
- Brainstorm, draft, and outline ideas for essays and other forms of academic writing
- Revise the organization of written work to increase unity, coherence, and emphasis
- Give a standard oral presentation which informs and/or persuades the audience
- Understand and discuss ideas delivered in academic lectures and social conversations
- Develop and ask questions appropriate to a given listening context
- Understand and respond appropriately to the speech of multiple speakers
- To improve in each student, the ability to recognize and appreciate correct design and quality craftsmanship in the various facets of residential construction.
- To develop habits of self-reliance, self-discipline, and resourcefulness through dealing with practical problem solving situations, thereby establishing a positive self-image as a successful person.
- To provide interested students the opportunity to explore the various construction trades through actual hands-on experiences, and thereby develop a desire for further guidance and/or training in a field which is compatible with a given student’s interests and aptitudes.
- To establish through class experiences, a skill and knowledge level sufficient for entry level into the various apprentice programs.
- To enable the student, through the total class experience, to better make a decision on a practical basis, as to whether or not this is the type of work at which they would be happy and successful
Ideal Institute of Technology will provide a one-time voucher for student to take any 3 of the listed exams along with TOEFL Certification and
• OSHA 10 Certifications
• OSHA 30 Certifications
• Red Cross First Aid Certification
• EPA Certification Type 1 exams
Student will have access to all necessary equipment and supplies such as Laptops, Computers, MS Office Suite for the duration of the course.
Student will have full access to our Learning Management System (LMS) portal, Google Classroom and Live Webinars. We will be providing resources in the form of PowerPoints, video tutorials, quizzes, assessments and much more.
After successful completion of Apple tech certification program and obtaining certification(s), A Job Readiness program and a free Resume Building Workshop will be offered to student through Ideal Career Centre, to prepare students for their job search.
Upon successful completion of the course and certification, student will get 100% job placement assistance through Ideal Career Centre.
Contractors may be called in by a company or individual to perform a job on a one-time or continuing basis. Below are some specific types of contractors.