- Instructor: Arron Garcia
- Duration: 900 hours
The Film and Media Studies introduces students to the artistic and academic approach to films and new forms of media, while exposing them to the film and related industries. This course provides students with the opportunity to make their own films, to analyze films from aesthetic, political, social and historical perspectives, and to use their media skills in the context of civic engagement and community work. Students will leave the Filmmaking program with an understanding of every single part of the filmmaking process. This complete understanding ultimately makes them more flexible on set, as well as more capable as a director and artist. Once students master traditional film, they will move to using digital video technology in order to become familiar with industry standard tools and techniques. Students will be provided with a “launchkit,” which consists of a laptop and camcorder to help them in their projects. Students will be prepared to pass the Adobe Certified Associates in Adobe Premiere and Adobe Animate by Certiport
Students taking this course should be familiar with personal computers, the use of a keyboard and a mouse. Furthermore, this course assumes that you have completed one of the following courses:
- Windows 7: Basic
- Windows 10: Basic
Must have: High School Diploma or High School Equivalency
Must score: 10 or higher in CASAS
- Complete mastery over lenses, lighting, sound recording, cinematography, and editing!
- Create your own incredible videos from scratch with a brand new understanding of filmmaking!
- Understand timeless video principles that will stay with you in all projects, forever!
- Gain a film school level understanding of conceptualizing, shooting, and editing a project!
- Take an idea and fully translate it into your own unique style of video!
- Expand your creativity though understanding essential filmmaking theories, principles, and ideas!
- Produce amazing content without expensive equipment, it’s about the person behind the equipment!
- Use one of a kind downloadable PDF’s to map out and track your career and video making progress!
Ideal Institute of Technology will provide a one-time voucher for student to take Adobe Certified Associate exams
Student will have access to all necessary equipment and supplies such as Desktops, Laptops, Multimeter, Screw Drivers and other tools to work with computers for the duration of the course.
Student will have full access to our Learning Management System (LMS) portal, Google Classroom and Live Webinars. We will be providing resources in the form of PowerPoints, video tutorials, quizzes, assessments and much more.
After successful completion of the program and obtaining certification(s), A Job Readiness program and a free Resume Building Workshop will be offered to student through Ideal Career Centre, to prepare students for their job search.
Upon successful completion of the course and certification, student will get 100% job placement assistance through Ideal Career Centre.
Learning ESL opens up broad range of employment.