- Instructor: Arron Garcia
- Duration: 650 hours
Ideal Institute of Technology’s GED with Cellphone Repair program prepares students to get educational resources necessary to obtain their GED/HSEAP Certification. This program teaches students to repair mobile devices like smartphones and tablets. We train in multiple environments including MAC/PC. Apple mobile devices consume a large portion of the market share and are widely being adopted in business settings. Although devices running iOS have some inherent protection from security threats, these devices still require skilled technicians to replace parts and upgrade systems. Troubleshooting is a must, and our course includes significant attention to this section. Students will receive tools and equipment to perform hands on training for the course.
Students should be familiar with using a personal computer, mouse, and keyboard. They should be comfortable in a Windows environment; be able to launch and close activities; and navigate to information stored on the computer. They should be able to manage files and folders.
- Must take Placement test at Ideal
- Must take CASAS
Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the following topics:
- Recognize their own verbal mistakes and correct them.
- Brainstorm, draft, and outline ideas for essays and other forms of academic writing
- Revise the organization of written work to increase unity, coherence and emphasis
- Give a standard oral presentation which informs and/or persuades the audience.
- Understand and discuss ideas delivered in academic lectures and social conversations
- Develop and ask questions appropriate to a given listening context
- Understand and respond appropriately to the speech of multiple speakers
- Use Disk Utility to prepare a volume for macOS and describe the macOS installation process using both the Mac App Store and macOS Recovery.
- Identify the proper way to migrate data from one Mac to another using the data migration tools in macOS.
- Identify the power states of a Mac running macOS and describe how to troubleshoot power states on Mac models that don’t have a sleep indicator light.
- Identify the different types of accounts in macOS and describe the capabilities of those accounts, including keychain and password options.
- Identify and describe various security settings for macOS, including Gatekeeper, FileVault 2, Firewall, Firmware (EFI) password, location service settings, and more.
- Describe how to use Time Machine in macOS to create, restore, and manage a secure backup for a customer.
- Describe how to configure and use macOS features, such as Spotlight and Mission Control.
- Use System Preferences in macOS and Apple accessories to configure a wired or Wi-Fi connection to an existing network and securely share data over that network.
- Use tools in macOS to configure online services, such as an Apple ID account, iCloud, Mail, and Continuity.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate, and isolate a given issue with a Mac to learn how to resolve it.
- Given an isolated issue, categorize it as hardware (including accidental damage), software, or environmental, or as an educational opportunity.
- Identify the online resources necessary to ensure that a given Mac model is serviced properly and safely.
- Describe the purpose of specified diagnostic tools.
- Use Apple documentation, approved tools, and appropriate service strategies to safely repair various Mac computer
Ideal Institute of Technology will provide a one-time voucher for student to take the Apple Service Fundamentals Exam (SVC-17A); ACiT 2017 iOS Service Certification Exam (iOS-17A); ACMT 2017 Mac Service Certification Exam (MAC-17A) along with TASC test for HSEAP.
Student will have access to all necessary equipment and supplies such as Laptops, Computers, Textbooks for the duration of the course.
Student will have full access to our Learning Management System (LMS) portal, Google Classroom and Live Webinars. We will be providing resources in the form of PowerPoints, video tutorials, quizzes, assessments and much more.