- Instructor: Arron Garcia
- Duration: 1010 hours
The program is a good option for students who have not had the chance to earn a traditional high school diploma. It is accepted by most employers and colleges as a substitute for a high school diploma, so it will give you more opportunities in your career and education. This Course is designed for students who are interested in acquiring the skills and knowledge necessary to work in the fields of IT and networking specialists and to pass the CompTIA Network + certification exam. Students will receive hands on competency-based instruction geared towards entry-level employment in the IT and networking industries..
Students should be familiar with using a personal computer, mouse, and keyboard. They should be comfortable in a Windows environment; be able to launch and close activities; and navigate to information stored on the computer. They should be able to manage files and folders.
- Must take Placement test at Ideal
- Must take CASAS
- Troubleshoot system startup problems
- And more…Upon completion of the course, the student will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the following topics:
- Recognize their own verbal mistakes and correct them.
- Brainstorm, draft, and outline ideas for essays and other forms of academic writing
- Revise the organization of written work to increase unity, coherence and emphasis
- Give a standard oral presentation which informs and/or persuades the audience.
- Understand and discuss ideas delivered in academic lectures and social conversations
- Develop and ask questions appropriate to a given listening context
- Understand and respond appropriately to the speech of multiple speakers
- Describe various troubleshooting methodologies
- Use basic Windows interface tools
- Identify various motherboards and CPUs
- Configure the PC’s BIOS and boot the computer
- Examine the settings for buses
- Identify various types of expansion cards
- Attach peripheral devices
- Connect video output and image input devices
- Install and configure a local printer
- Identify various network connection types
- Configure a TCP/IP client
- Provide IT support for portable computers
- Monitor and manage the Windows operating system
Ideal Institute of Technology will provide a one-time voucher for student to take any 3 of the listed exams along with TASC test for HSEAP:
- CompTIA A+,
- Security +,
- Network +,
- CCNA certification
Student will have access to all necessary equipment and supplies such as Laptops, Computers, Textbooks for the duration of the course.
Student will have full access to our Learning Management System (LMS) portal, Google Classroom and Live Webinars. We will be providing resources in the form of PowerPoints, video tutorials, quizzes, assessments and much more.